It’s like a car wreck…
… I want to look away, but I can’t.
1. Who were your best friends?
Scott Kern, Eric Balliet, Justin Geiger, Brian Snook.
2. What sports did you play?
Avoided them like the plague. Refused to attend pep rallies.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
Had none of my own. I would occasionally borrow the family 1985 Buick Skylark or, later, 1990 Ford Econoline van (complete with wheelchair lift — total chick magnet, right?).
4. It’s Friday night, where were you at?
In my bedroom watching crappy movies on cable, writing up game stats for RPGs I’d never play, and reading comics.
5. Were you a party animal?
Never went to a party in high school.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
I never went on a date in high school, either.
7. Ever skip school?
Yup. As long as I had straight-As my mom let me have 2 skip days a marking period. I mostly used them like #4, above.
8. Were you a nerd?
And proud of it!
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
I never even got detention.
10. Can you sing the Alma mater?
Yes, but why would I want to?
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Fahringer, my English teacher & drama coach who took me to see my first Shakespeare play.
12. Favorite class?
Hard to say. I loved school so much I dropped study halls to take more classes.
13. What was your school’s full name?
Catasauqua Area High School.
14. School mascot?
The Rough Riders. Named after Teddy Roosevelt’s unit in the Spanish-American war.
15. Did you go to Prom?
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
At the time, I thought I was on top of the world. Now I see just how much I was missing. No way would I go back.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Getting choked up in the middle of my speech.
18. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
There was this festival where all the drama clubs from all the high schools in the area would put on one-act plays for each other. I wrote a directed one of my own. After the performance, I walked into the cafeteria and some guy I didn’t know said “Aren’t you the guy that wrote that play?” and the whole room erupted in applause.
19. What were you voted in your yearbook?
I wasn’t cool enough to get “brainiest.”
20. Did you have a job your senior year?
21. The Question Man Was Not Meant To Know.
22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The cafeteria, like everyone else.
23. Have you gained weight since then?
Actually, I’m about 20 pounds lighter.
24. What did you do after graduation?
Played volleyball and D&D all summer.
25. Who was your crush?
Samantha Bushspice, lead in all the plays until she transferred to another school in junior year surrounded by a veil of rumors. I think she’s a choreographer for a regional theater company these days.
26. When did you graduate?
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment