Foresworn Confessions — Week One
I’ve been thinking about what I’ve commited myself to: Reporting on my progress week after week. It brings flashbacks of my Catholic boyhood. And thus:
Forgive me, Foresworn, for I have slacked. This is my first confession.
In the past week I have:
- Announced my intention to design and publish Foresworn
- Devised a schedule of writing, playtesting, editing, layout, and printing that will enable me to complete the game.
- Felt my way through some preliminary explanatory text about the rules
- Narrowed the list of potential resources and sketched out brief definitions
In the coming week I intend to:
- Settle on a list of resources and stats (i.e., be able to write up game stats for a character)
- Stat out two example characters
- Self-test the die-rolling mechanic with said characters
I had to put in five hours today, and work looks worse for the coming week, so we’ll see how well reality matches up with my intentions. But I’ve got less than a month to start internal playtesting!
See ya in 7!
Filed under: Uncategorized | 8 Comments
Tags: confession, foresworn